Why Use Blue Minerals
Blue Minerals Chalk Paint Powder is an additive that can be mixed with Latex paint to create Chalk Paint. If you’ve used Chalk Paint before than you already know the advantage is offers including;
Benefits of Chalk Paint
- Easy to Apply with Brush, Roller or Spray Gun
- Bonds/sticks to just about anything… wood, laminate, metal, clay, stone, etc. All without priming or sanding.
- Excellent coverage: Because chalk paint is incredibly pigmented it blocks out/ covers just about anything in 1-3 coats.
- Flexible – can create an antique finish, a wash, or a high gloss glass finish.
- Easily sanded to a glass smooth finish.
- Can be used to create a chalk board
- Can be “thickened” to create a beautifully textured finish
- Oh and did I say NO SANDING OR PRIMING!
The only drawbacks of this revolutionary paint is that it’s incredibly expensive ($38 per quart) and you have a limited amount of colors. The limited color options causes multiple problems – you could always mix the colors, but now your paying double ($76) and you’re not even sure if your going to end up with the right color in the end, plus all that extra paint gets wasted. Why even bother?
So, the logical solution – make your own Chalk Paint.
There are quite a few recipes out there for creating your own Chalk Paint – and believe me, We’ve tried them all including; Unsanded Grout, Calcium Carbonate and Plaster of Paris.
While these solutions are much cheaper, you’re missing out on so many benefits of Chalk Paint.
Problems with DIY Recipes:
- Gritty texture; What’s the point of not having to sand your furniture prior to painting, if you’re only going to have to sand after?
- Bleeding – Most of the DIY solutions don’t block out stains very well, so unless your piece is perfectly clean, you’re usually going to have an issue with bleeding.
The awesome thing is, you really can have the best of both worlds with Blue Minerals. We partnered with professional furniture restorers to research hundreds of mineral combinations to come up with our “top secret” recipe to create an affordable, gorgeously smooth and lustrous chalk paint without the dangerous chemicals and bleed through.
We offer multiple sizes for you to create the perfect amount of paint (no waste) and we offer bulk discounts for professional refinishers.
In the end, Blue Minerals will cost a fraction of the cost of name brand Chalk Paints, and will save you the time and frustration of trying to mix your own DIY Chalk Paint. It really is the best of both worlds.